Fowler & Hammer, Inc. is looking to hire an experienced Safety Specialist. The ideal candidate has high ethical standards and a commitment to doing the job right.
Commercial Construction – Safety Specialist
This position is responsible for ensuring Federal, State, and Company safety standards are followed across Fowler & Hammer’s portfolio of commercial construction projects.
- Primary focus is to ensure OSHA, MSHA, USACE, DOT and Company safety regulations/standards are maintained.
- Develop and provide safety training to educate field personnel on correct safety procedures.
- Create, conduct and document regular toolbox talks/safety meetings on jobsites.
- Evaluate effectiveness of toolbox talks, provide updates on safety efforts and results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify and recommend enhancements to current job site safety topics.
- Create, pre-plan and implement Site Specific Safety Procedures, including Emergency Action Plans, AHA’s, JSA’S, JHA’s for work activities.
- Work directly with On-Site superintendents and foreman to ensure jobsite safety.
- Conduct unscheduled and regular walk-through inspections and safety audits. Presents findings to Project Manager, Superintendent/Foreman, Director of Labor & Safety.
- Oversee subcontractor safety on projects where Fowler & Hammer is the General Contractor.
- Promote company’s Health and Safety program across all work locations – field, yard/shop, and office.
- Actively participate in OSHA Consultation programs and Compliance Investigations.
- Actively participate in incident investigations, workers’ compensation claims, and managing the return-to-work program with the Director of Labor & Safety.
- Manage Drug Testing Program: schedule appointments, understand union agreements.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to improve operational efficiencies and reduce Health and Safety related exposure.
- Propose, as relevant, additional training programs, procedures, policies, or other safety items.
- Manage inventory of PPE, making sure all trades are adequately protected.
- Inspect job site PPE and other work-related tools and equipment for proper suitability for use.
- Continue education both formal and informal to remain current on safety topics and emerging technical and professional aspects of construction safety.
- Administrative duties and any other job duties as assigned.
- Will work onsite, both field and office. Field locations are typically within 90 miles of LaCrosse, WI but may require further travel on occasion.
- Five years of commercial construction or related experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and effective verbal and written communication skills are essential for the successful candidate.
- Self-Motivated and Independent, with a proven ability to manage and complete varying tasks across multiple complex projects with an appropriate degree of detail.
- Knowledge of construction safety standards in various states and agencies.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures is essential.
- Positive and professional attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current driver’s license
- The Safety Specialist is a local, permanent and full-time salaried position.
- Minimal overnight travel may be required as an exception.
- Benefits include competitive pay, employer sponsored 401K, vacation/sick pay, health, dental and life insurance.
For more details related to the job duties, please contact Greg Meinertz at 608-782-6849 or email@example.com.
Fowler & Hammer, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kwik Trip, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Safety professional. The primary responsibilities for this person will be to help our Bread and Buns Facility promote a Zero Injury Culture by investigating any near miss or accident occurrences, identifying training needs, and administering all training sessions for the team. This position also participates in the development and maintenance of facility-specific safety-related training materials and disaster recovery plans. A very strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required for this position. The safety and training coordinator must be professional, positive, and willing to communicate effectively with all coworkers to promote safety as an essential part of every activity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote safety within the department using a variety of verbal, written and visual methods. Serve as the department’s resource for safety related matters.
- Ensuring all applicable OSHA regulations are being followed within the production facility.
- Analyze all production processes and work environments for safety and offer suggestions for improvements when workplace hazards are found.
- Review and investigate all injuries and near misses by conducting a root cause analysis (RCA) to further prevent or eliminate any work hazards. Track all incidents to analyze trends and maintain all safety metric reports daily.
- Analyze leading and lagging indicator safety metrics using LEAN principles.
- Contribute to our continuous improvement processes including practical problem solving (PPS) and A3s.
- Conduct comprehensive monthly department safety audits and daily safety walkthroughs.
- Attend and utilize daily improvement meetings (DIMs) as a platform for safety discussions with coworkers, supervisors and management.
- Lead the Safety Champion group and lead monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Coordinate the department’s emergency action plan including practice drills to ensure that response systems and operations are in a perpetual “ready” state.
- Lead by example at all times as a role model of Kwik Trip’s high safety standards.
- Walking through all production areas daily to proactively find possible safety issues. Have open dialogue with all coworkers on the production floor regarding safety. Communicating with management regarding safety matters.
- Coordinate department training for Safety and QA/Food Safety.
- Utilize the New Coworker Orientation (NCO) Plan when training new team members.
- Update process documentation (LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, etc.) as equipment is added or removed from the facility.
- Work with and contribute to the Safety Coordinator team in a positive and productive way.
- Assist the management team with any additional tasks.
- College degree highly preferred, but a High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- One or more years of equivalent food production work experience in a fast-paced food production or manufacturing facility in a role that primarily emphasized safety.
- Prior experience as a safety professional highly preferred.
- Self-driven to develop a career in the safety field and willingness to pursue safety certifications as a form of self-improvement.
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and prioritize immediate actions in an emergency or First Aid situations.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and represent the safety department in a positive, transparent, and helpful manner to all coworkers.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate a high level of time management and organizational skills in order to effectively work through multiple simultaneous projects with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers of all personalities by demonstrating positive coaching and problem-solving skills. Adapt to various communication styles to effectively work with all learning styles.
- Maintain confidentiality when working with coworker health and medical information.
- Effectively communicate with worker’s comp and non-occ teams.
- Candidates should have or have the ability to obtain OSHA 10 Hour training, Root Cause Analysis training, Food Certification, and First Aid / CPR / AED training.
- Knowledge of safety policies / programs, GMP’s, and sanitation practices.
- Knowledge of daily production operations and processes.
- Knowledge of PPE and chemical safety.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, other applicable safety standards, and compliance expectations.
- Possess exceptional presentation skills with the ability to influence change.
- Strong skills related Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Have a positive and inclusive attitude when working with a diverse workforce.
Work Schedule: Primarily 1st shift hours working primarily 7:00am to 4:00pm. Coverage of 2 Saturdays per month is required. Schedule flexibility is required in order to support coworkers on all shifts. Some travel may also be required occasionally for training purposes.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply for this position is Sunday, December 11th.
City Brewing Company, a leading manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Safety Technician at our La Crosse, WI location. This role assists the Safety & Security Manager in protecting people, the environment, and equipment from unnecessary harm. The position will assist with regulatory compliance responsibilities while proactively promoting the protection of human health, facilities, food safety, security, and work environment by maintaining regulatory OSHA and FDA Security compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Review existing policies/systems against current regulations; initiate the development or revision of policies Monitor and investigate security door access system or fire protection system alarms Assist with Fire Department and/or insurance company inspections Assist with maintaining all applicable OSHA mandated Programs and Standards in master policy manual Assist with training and development of current and new employees Assist with audit program quarterly and annually, and review audit forms Ensure all CO2, O2, 5-gas and single gas monitors are maintained at all times and appropriate documentation regarding inspections is recorded Assist with scheduling annual air mask training and coordinate fit testing for affected employees Review all chemicals (SDS) prior to being utilized in the facility; assist in development of safety awareness training and labeling for chemicals Entering SDS information into automated system and department manuals Recommend, order, and maintain inventories of PPE for specific job hazards Assist with and ensure all contractors are trained on specific work areas and OSHA safety programs Assist with department safety checklists and inspections Participate in Safety Committee to address safety programs, required training and safety concerns brought forward by members
Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Occupational Safety or related field. Will consider combination of experience and certifications 1-3 years of experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing facility; food/beverage production environment is preferred Familiarity with Local, State, and Federal compliance standards Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Strong organizational skills and attention to detail Ability to work in a team environment Must be able to work flexible and on-call hours HAZWOPER and Medical Responder certification a plus.
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package including: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more.
Please visit our website at www.citybrewery.com.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume: Human Resources City Brewing Company, LLC 925 Third Street S La Crosse, WI 54601 Email to: email@example.com, subject line Safety Technician